This past September, ServiceNow released its latest platform release, Tokyo. The Tokyo release includes new features and improvements built on the Now Platform including features that improve engagement and productivity, accelerate value and empower you to do your best work.
With multiple new features, enhancements, and bug fixes for each platform application, the Tokyo release offers much to consider when it comes to upgrading. So where can you expect to find the most value? Our team of experts has done the heavy lifting for you, they’ve taken a hands-on look into the Tokyo release in order to inform you all the notable changes.
Accelerating value with purpose‑built solutions
Customers are looking for solutions that will allow them to be more agile and resilient across their enterprises.
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) – Track and manage enterprise assets for complete visibility at scale. Make data-driven decisions to control capital and operating expenses, from planning to disposal. EAM automates the full lifecycle of physical business assets from planning to retirement, the solution helps reduce costs, mitigate risks, and improve strategic planning.
- Supplier Lifecycle Management (SLM) – Bring new suppliers onboard quickly and make it easy to work with them. Gain greater control over spending and give employees an easy process to follow. SLM empowers organizations to transform traditionally high‑effort supplier engagements that live in email and spreadsheets into modern, digital experiences, enabling teams to reduce operating costs.
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Management – Elevate your environmental, social, and governance (ESG) program with simple data collection, on-demand progress monitoring, and automated reporting. Companies can now establish and document ESG goals and KPIs, track performance, collect and validate audit‑ready data, and create disclosures that align with major ESG reporting frameworks, in a single end‑to‑end solution.
Boosting engagement and productivity with great experiences
Now more than ever, employee retention is critical. Engaged, productive, and empowered employees contribute heavily to customer and business success.
- Manager Hub – Keep everyone engaged, productive, and informed. Manager Hub is a single destination for managers to establish and review employee journeys and respond to requests while delivering personalized resources and training to help managers grow as leaders.
- Admin Center – Allows system administrators to easily discover, install, and configure ServiceNow solutions through a self‑service experience.
- Issue Auto Resolution for Human Resources – Streamline the employee service experience to empower and support employees wherever they are. Expands the capabilities of Issue Auto Resolution for ITSM to HR teams and identifies urgent HR cases and routes them directly to an employee care representative when a higher level of support is needed.
Supercharging Intelligence and trust for operations and security
Protecting data and mission‑critical applications has become more complex amid an increasingly sophisticated threat landscape.
- ServiceNow Vault – Protects business-critical ServiceNow applications using a set of premium platform privacy and security controls. Vault also enables organizations to strengthen their platform security posture by simplifying the management and protection of machine credentials, as well as validating the authenticity and integrity of code being deployed to the MID Server helping to ensure no malicious insertion.
Still unsure about if upgrading is the right step for your business? Our team is happy to help. JIT can walk you through the ins and out of the upgrade process, leaving you feeling prepared and confident in upgrading.
For more of JIT’s insights click here.